- Understanding of the electric/power of the sites and ideally has Huawei RTN and MW Links experience/knowledge.
- Someone who gives a good impression and won’t be shy when dealing with clients and site owners
- At least Basic German or Italian as this is to work in the countryside and the country bumpkins might not be able to speak English.
- install/integrate and maintain telecommunication and infrastructure equipment in the wireless and wireline networks within the assigned geographical area;
- daily travel to customers’ network sites to perform tasks in the area’s fulfilment, assurance and preventive maintenance;
- participate in on call service rota.
- follow troubleshooting procedures with the support from NOC and restore network services within the defined SLA;
- use the available tools and perform measurements to isolate and fix the faults;
- replace faulty equipment parts and perform functional tests to validate the troubleshooting results;
- implement temporary solutions whenever appropriate to help faster service restoration;
- log all actions and update the current status into the trouble ticketing tools;
- follow the spare part handling processes;
- support risk assessment activities when required;
- participate in 24x7 on call rota.
- implement work orders, perform equipment installation, activation, site integration and testing within the defined SLA;
- record the implementation results into the corresponding tools, fill in service reports;
- activate the services and changes in the network together with NOC and/or customer DSS;
- notify and update NOC and/or customer DSS with the status of the changes during implementation;
- evaluate the security risks and impacts of implementing the changes;
- perform a rollback plan and invoke Fault Management or other interface processes, when appropriate;
- perform preventive maintenance activities within the defined SLA;
- follow the preventive maintenance guidelines;
- perform site audits;
- resolve any issues and deficiencies found on site, including the ones discovered during site visits.
- maintain network and end customer documentation;
- request site access, escort and supervise third party personnel in the sites when needed.
- willingness to travel on a daily basis;
- solid understanding of security and safety rules and standards;
- not afraid to climb on masts and towers;
- willingness to continuously expand technical know-how;
- flexibility to work in a very dynamic environment.
Education: recognised apprenticeship in the electrical or telecom area (e.g. electrician, electronical, multimedia technician, …)
- a few years of experience as telecommunications technician;
- experience in data and voice communications, wireline or wireless is an advantage.
- English: mandatory (oral & written);
- regional language, German (oral & written appreciated)
Other: for wireless works, no suffering from vertigo (climbing on masts, ascending ladders and working on rooftops).
Ref: 9394 | Published: 19 Jul 2019