Connect your LinkedIn account with RIZE - don't worry this process is completely invisible and nothing will appear on your profile.
2. Profile Scan
We scan your profile and use this info to register you with RIZE. You can then review some of the keywords that are relevant to your job hunt.
3. View Jobs
Based on your profile and feedback you can then explore jobs that match your requirements. Applying for a job is then just one click away!
Register without LinkedIn
You can register with us too if you do not have a LinkedIn account, you just have to fill a brief form with your details.
INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
||Field / Install Engineer
||2 months ago
- Installations, upgrades and migrations of DWDM systems, routers and switches (Ciena, Juniper and Alcatel-Lucent).
- Running new fibre links and connections
- Light level and BER testing
- OTDR testing and OSA testing of long haul fibre links
- Troubleshooting of routers and switch links
- Verification and receipt of all equipment delivered to site
- Installation of Ciena 6500/ MX2020/ T4K Series/ Juniper MX 960/ MX 240/ T640/PTX 5000/ EX 3200/3300/4200/ BTI 7200/7060 optical transport equipment including, associated AC/DC power solutions and grounding.
- Installation of Management Switch equipment and HYDRA for remote management and monitoring of Optical Transport Equipment
- Installation of Fibre Patch panels and associated structured cabling
- Installation of Cat5 data cabling.
- Identify required parts for order from parts catalogue if BoM incomplete
- Update ‘As Built’ site installation records.
- Capacity augments by installing additional chassis and line cards and fibering these out.
- Check rack elevations and site layouts and build and install accordingly.
- Execute planned maintenance works during the day and night to improve network resilience.
Capacity Augments 35%
- Using different Testing Equipment (OTDR, BERT, OSA) to test circuit integrity and fibre related losses.
- Troubleshooting, Isolating faults/issues etc using VFL, Optical Power Meter, loop testing.
- Verifying work and light levels using remote tools, providing this information to NTE’s
- Update relevant documentation.
- Decommissioning of EoL equipment in the Network
- Documentation of equipment to assist decom team with removal
Ref: 8655 | Published: 08 Jun 2018