You will ensure that all service providers to these projects are adhering to company standards, processes and the full description procedures as well and Local standards. You will also be able to identify continuous improvement opportunities.
- Manages team, customer interfacing, reports to Project Manager - Responsible for the supervision of contractors and internal splicing teams, material management as well as the successful completion of site installations
- Ensures the quality of work and make sites ready for acceptance previous
- Assess and control charges to the agreed site design.
- Assures Customers approved materials are installed on the project to agree Civil Works guidelines and schedules are followed and enforced.
- Able to check that the working environment is maintained at an acceptable level, carry out safety inspections and ensure that tools, etc. are in good working condition. Manage civil works problem solving as required during the project. Coordinates site activities and assures that all disciplines directly involved in the project are in phase with the Project goals and objectives.
- Perform site pre-inspections and coordinate post-construction audits. Site verification, Visual inspection of quality on site,
- Operational, Manage and co-ordinate all aspects of the contractor performing the installation. Quality checks on all installations. ILO must do an onsite kick off walk through with the contractor on each project. Manage various contractors simultaneously. Monitor projects to ensure that they remain within timelines and budget constraints. Undertake all pre-quality checks and flag non-conformances back to the contractor before CAC is scheduled. Highlight special conditions indicated on Way Leave to the Contractor. Schedule the CAC and inform the PM accordingly. Initiate the VO’s and verify costing quantities and submit motivation. Check As Build documentation (as per OTS Form) handed in by the contractor, and hand documentation over to the Project Coordinator for invoicing once checked. Liaise with the landlord where necessary. Liaise with the contractor and to give daily documented feedback to the Project Manager with regards to the progress of the project. Record minutes at all site meetings where you are on site and to give these to the relevant Project Coordinator to type up and file. Compile report after project using all information obtained from contractors. Deliver site instruction in case of non-compliance by contractor.
- Prepares regular interval progress reports as required by the project, Provide accurate status information on the progress to project management,
- Provide technical assistance to the Service Providers and any other suppliers that provide services associated with the Civil Works activities.
- Responsible for the proper interpretation and compliance of the civil design plans. Supervise, coordinate and monitor works with the Service Providers and other disciplines that have an interface with the Civil Works part of the project.
- Managing all aspects of the civil and fibre roll-out on a GPON site.
- Reporting on project progress to PM
- Responsible for liaising with the client on all aspects of Fibre related works from planning to acceptance
- Ensure all pilot hole and construction drawings are done after site mobilization and kick-off.
- Assessing and evaluating pilot hole and construction drawings and obtaining necessary approvals.
- During construction phase: organizing progress meetings, reporting of progress, adjusting schedule and planning according to progress and requirements.
- Creating and maintaining project tracker for client and head office reporting.
- Managing all contractors and supervisors involved in project.
- Mitigating problems that might cause delays.
- Doing concessions for variation orders when needed.
- Keeping track of cost and material usage during execution of civil construction.
- Ensuring all documentation of civil works is completed and ready for fibre installation. Finalising BOM/BOS for as-built and invoicing purposes.
- Assisting in fibre installation and completion.
- Ensuring all wayleaves is signed back to relevant authorities.
- Making sure quality of all documentation is up to standard before submitted to client.
- Doing all quality related inspections and ensuring client satisfaction in this regard.
- Must be willing and able to travel to clients, to site and work extended hours where applicable
Ref: 8484 | Published: 09 Mar 2018