Support the installation of new racks/cabinets, Optical and Router equipment or modifications of existing installed equipment. Installations to confirm to Company Standards following MOPS and within defined Process and Procedures. Installation background with DC Power, AC Power, Rectifiers, Grounding, Structured Cabling.
Key Duties & Responsibilities (in decreasing Critical Emphasis order)
- Backgrounds with detailed Engineering, Infrastructure diagrams and MOPS.
- Experience with installation of Rectifiers, Fuse Panels, Patch Panels (high density fibre patch panels) experience with the installation of racks, cabinets on raised floors, slap floors. Experience with un-strut installation.
- Experience with installation of DC power cable and landing on Mini-BDFB’s and all related safety procedures. Understanding of grounding requirements for equipment, racks and facilities grounding.
- Experience with installation of Rectifiers / Inverters.
- Experience with proper fibre cleaning procedures, radius bend and fibre running procedures, fibre management procedures
- Experience with installation of DWDM equipment. Installation experience with Infinera, ALU and Juniper equipment plus
- Experience with the use of Light source and light meter.
- Proficient with laptop and windows applications.
- Ability to read and understand engineering provided drawings and wire list. Good interpersonal, team and customer service skills. Ability to use label maker.
- Able to identify and correct problems as they arise. Good time management and organizational skills.
Ref: 9176 | Published: 04 Apr 2019