- Lead and liaise with customer IP technical project design teams and define the customer requirements with consideration towards customer LTE (4G) technology requirements
- Lead, Contribute and update High Level Design, Low Level Design, IP Plan, Test Case Documentation, processes and procedures for LTE IP Security and EMS Elements
- Prepare the Acceptance Testing processes and procedures from LTE IP Security and EMS Elements point of view and execute the test cases if required
- Understands IP Products on SW and HW in detailed level and IP Protocol Stack
- Execute the acceptance testing
- Provide support during Rollout
- Interface customer regarding the IP/Security in LTE RAN technology arena and discuss technical deployment topics and issues
- Provide customer support for technical queries, technical clarifications, SW correction and update/upgrade verification testing as well as consecutive deployment activities
- To provide expert support on product level to support Samsung Networks Business infrastructure solutions
- Ensure the fulfilment of acceptance testing coverage and completion of testing activities
- Provide support for RAN deployment contract delivery
- To raise awareness of Samsung Network service capabilities within the RAN technology arena
Areas of Responsibility
Under the guidance of the Line Manager, the jobholder is expected to perform (but is not limited to) the following tasks:
- Customer acceptance
- Provide input for acceptance scope
- Create acceptance Test Plans with R&D for his supported network element
- Execute the test cases and coordinate the support with R&D support resources
- Troubleshoot during the error and malfunction investigation in order to find the resolution
- Supporting acceptance testing sign-off process
- Support the configuration change planning and implement configuration changes to test and live network elements
- Perform maintenance activities together with R&D and customer representatives
- Create exceptional customer relationships
- Ensure close co-operation and support liaison with Samsung R&D
Essential Hard Skills:
- Educated to Degree Level, preferably in Telecoms, Electronics or Computer Science or suitable equivalent vocational qualifications and experience
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in Operational Product Support
- Excellent knowledge in Trouble shooting for other Mobile vendors;
- Administration experience on operating systems Unix, Linux, Redhat . (This includes mySql database queries and relevant investigation of corruption/issues)
- Experienced in trouble-shooting OS & Application related issues in Linux environments
- Good understanding of high availability clustering for Unix including RAID5 & 3PAR
- Concepts and good understanding of diagnosing end-2-end systems
- Experienced in commissioning and configuring operating hardware such as;
- Dell PowerEdge (in HA cluster configuration) including RAID systems
- HP BL460c Gen-9 Blade
- Infoblox HW products
- Other relevant mobile telecoms systems hardware products
- Extensive proven experience in LTE(4G)/3G mobile telecom IPSec / IP RAN transport Operational support
- Extensive proven experience Security Gateway Hardware support and trouble shooting
- Experience of IP Security Protocols / IKE/ PKI / PSK
- In-depth knowledge and experience DHCP & DNS technologies for mobile network (preferable)
- Excellent operational & practical level of knowledge of Element Management Systems (EMS/OSS) and their underlying technologies, features and protocols, FCAPS/SNMP.
- Proven experience with routing protocols /IP / OSPF/ BGP / ISIS / Protection & Resiliency mechanisms HSRP, VRRP, BFD, ELP and completed NW design activities with some/all of these protocols.
- Proven Experience with Transport Protocols MPLS / Layer2 VPNs / Layer3 VPNs
- Proven Experience with Hierarchical QoS / Diffserv / DSCP
- Knowledge of LTE networks, topologies and interfaces (S1,X2 and how they are transported over IP)
- Basic scripting experience
- Excellent analytical skills when working individually or as a team participant.
- Experience with Performance KPI/SLA targets and use relevant Helpdesk management tools such as ‘Remedy’
- Experience with MS Office Suite (Competent User), tools and in data manipulation using Excel, Visio, Word or other tools
- Able to participate in 24/7 Call Out rota
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Numerate with good report writing skills
Essential Soft Skills
* i.e. face to face customer experience, flexible and adaptable, good attention to detail, good negotiation skills, experience of working with different cultures
- A good understanding of the acceptance and support phase with a minimum 7 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Ability to influence customers towards Samsung preferred testing solutions.
- Know how on corresponding Telecom Equipment
- Willingness for fast self-training on equipment
- Ability to deliver work (including docs and xlszx to a high standard within tight timescales.
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision
- Capability of delivering proactively with professional integrity.
- Willing to work hard on team service delivery towards the customer, including supporting other colleagues/team mates.
- Professional courteous and considerate customer communication
Ref: 8548 | Published: 11 Apr 2018