Responsible for leading and supervising remote MW planning Engineering team and acting SPOC to customer regional planners.
Directly responsible for delivery MW Planning services to Mobile operator following defined process and using related planning tools. Responsible for the timely and quality completion of all MW Planning activities from initial to final design including but not limited to creation of microwave engineering report, revision of Technical Site Survey Reports, Site Construction plan and coordination of LOS Surveys partners.
Detailed Scope of Work
Microwave planning of IP, SDH and PDH-based link including following activities
- Handle and update MW Service request status in remedy tool
- Link Definition in planning tools (eg IQ.Link, WebRifu)
- Line of Sight Test coordination
- Link Engineering
- Site survey coordination
- Frequency Application (BNetzA)
- Update transmission documentation system (e.g. Cramer, GIS, Saperion, VoSiMa)
- Update workflow & project mgmt. tools (e.g. PPlus, TTT, TTWOS, etc.)
- Prepare Network drawings and maps (e.g. Visio, ppt, Networks etc.)
- Manage ordering of transmission Trails, remote re-configuration and MW Hardware
- Lead other MW Engineers offering support and sharing knowledge
- Take part in KT and project status meeting with colleagues and customer
- Reporting status of MW planning activities and propose optimization action to improve efficiency
- Interact with Customer to clarify request and answering query
- Reporting to Transmission planning stream leader.
- Interface to customer regional transmission Planner
- Daily interaction and communication required los subcontractors, Radio and transmission Planning Engineer, Site Acquisition, Remote configuration Centre.
Requirements Skills and Qualification Profile
- Two (2) years’ experience as transmission planner and\or Remote configuration engineer. MW transmission planning project experience is required.
- Basic knowledge of radio propagation theory and planning tool
- Experience or remote configuration of MW equipment
- Good interpersonal skills, self-confident and cooperative towards the customer, partners, management staff and subs.
- Ability to deliver service request in the required time frame
- Fluent in English and German language
Ref: 8852 | Published: 19 Sep 2018