Connect your LinkedIn account with RIZE - don't worry this process is completely invisible and nothing will appear on your profile.
2. Profile Scan
We scan your profile and use this info to register you with RIZE. You can then review some of the keywords that are relevant to your job hunt.
3. View Jobs
Based on your profile and feedback you can then explore jobs that match your requirements. Applying for a job is then just one click away!
Register without LinkedIn
You can register with us too if you do not have a LinkedIn account, you just have to fill a brief form with your details.
INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
||20 days ago
- MX-MPLS Design, config planning stage and deployment (Multicast: PIM-SM & NG-MVPN a big plus).
- JNCIP-SP level or higher (Service provider focused)
- EX + SRX sites being deployed (Juniper security / firewall experience)
- Support production environment of Juniper products within the Customer infrastructure
- Troubleshoot equipment and network problems and to open and track JTAC cases through to problem resolution on pre and post production issues.
- Participation in an on-duty rotation to assist in troubleshooting and service restoration outside of business hours and at weekends.
- Hold technology workshops with the Customer to discuss equipment and network problems, and to provide case status updates, including the reasons for any problems encountered and the workarounds and/or solutions that are being tried
- Understand the Customer’s organizational structure and become familiar with the Customer’s network implementation and support processes and procedures to help in supporting a network that is available and sustainable.
- Assist the Customer to develop Network Operating and Equipment Operating Procedures.
- Develop and maintain scripted solutions to simply troubleshooting and pro-active maintenance.
- Support ongoing efforts in defining best practice policies for Juniper product applications used by Customer
- Hold network information gathering workshops with the Customer to understand the Customer’s existing network design and technical requirements of new network designs.
- Train the Customer’s design, implementation and support personnel to configure and operate the Juniper Networks products
- Produce a written summary report of the status of Design projects, equipment and network problems on a regular basis to the Customer
- Carry out testing of new Designs, features, and functionality as required by the Customer in a laboratory environment and to help develop plans to implement and verify that they are operating correctly in the live network
- Test patches and fixes to operating software and to ensure that they are implemented and functioning correctly in the pre-production test network and then live network as implementation plans dictate.
- The Resident Engineer is expected to peer with other employees performing similar resident engineering roles where lessons learned may help minimize risk associated with major network upgrades or changes in the network
- Candidates for this role MUST have a minimum 5 years’ experience providing implementation and technical support of networking products in LAN, WAN, or Internet services environments.
- Detailed technical experience in the installation and operation of IP Routers Switches and Firewalls. This includes hands-on operation of management tools and network analysers.
- Detailed understanding of the protocols surrounding IP networks. These skills should generally include: a. TCP/IP fundamentals, b. IP subnetting and supernetting and hierarchical routing principles, c. Routing protocol operation (OSPF and BGP), Routing policies at BGP peering points, e. VPNs and the associated tunnelling technologies (L2TP, MPLS, etc.) Switching, spanning tree and other switching technology as required, Firewalls and associated technologies as required
- The ability to function in a team environment and recognize and take on tasks with self-direction as well as the ability to take direction from the customer, account team, and Advanced Services Management.
- The ability to communicate well within the Juniper team articulating customer problems before they become issues being proactive where possible.
- Hands-on configuration and operational knowledge of Juniper Networks router and firewall and switching products, passion to continue learning and expanding your knowledge.
- Juniper Certification is a Plus
Ref: 8832 | Published: 05 Sep 2018