- Work as part of an operation Team on a customer network, providing expert technical advice on solution, troubleshooting and network acceptance activities.
- Optics Products (especially Nokia PSS product family) and Network Solutions (NMS systems included)
- Support customer demos and PoCs
- -Support complex integrations of new network solutions
The role requires the applicant to be customer facing as a trusted advisor and therefore the applicant should be very confident in Optics Products and Network Management area, able to present information in a professional manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field related to Telecommunications
- 5 years’ experience in telecommunication, focus on Optical transmission
- Fluent in German and English. French advantageous.
- Good knowledge on operating and trouble-shooting on a customer network.
- Good knowledge on integrating solution, configuring network elements and trouble-shooting customer networks.
- Demonstrable “hands on” experience in network Integration, Test and Migration, and use of test equipment.
- Strong and deep knowledge of Alcatel-Lucent Optics products, especially WDM and Network Management systems -
- WDM family (1830PSS), NMS (5620SAM, 1350OMS)
- Experience with Remote Technical Support
- Good knowledge of Fault Management and Configuration Management ITIL Processes
- Optics Products; Nokia WDM family (1830PSS)
- Network Management Systems, such as Nokia 5620SAM, NSP and 1350 OMS).
- Solaris, Redhat, Linux/Unix shell, Scripting (Python, Shell, Perl, etc.)
- Traffic Generators.
Random travel may be involved within Switzerland.
Ref: 9069 | Published: 11 Feb 2019