|Job Title||OSS/BSS Solution Architect|
|Job Published||11 months ago|
• Analysis and design tasks related to the development of a project based solution architecture aligned to the client’s Enterprise Architectures (business, application, data, integration, security, and infrastructure)
• Study of complete integration and architecture context of a required solution
• Compiling and delivering of key solution design artefacts as the baseline for solution development.
• Pivotal interaction point for all consultation on direction and guidance for technical solution and integration
• Lead design and integration sessions
• Compile and propose new architectural solutions and directions required to achieve the business goals of the solution
• Perform the necessary analysis, design, modelling and documentation tasks necessary to pass client’s Information Solution governance forums
• Provide technical advice by evaluating new technologies and products to determine feasibility and desirability of incorporating their capabilities within client’s Information Solution applications
• Design and participate in the implementation of an enterprise architecture based on business requirements and information technology strategies and trends-delivery
• Provide support to client’s Enterprise Architecture teams on the IT trends, product evaluations and proof of technologies / concepts, application trends, competitor practises and leverage of emerging IT technologies to support strategic business requirements
• To ensure that assessment of risks and the effects of specific requirements on other business processes and system priorities are done and to ensure technologies are aligned with business strategic objectives
Architecture Frameworks and Standards
• Maintains an in-depth knowledge of business operations, strategies, information requirements, and priorities
• Provide high level analysis and design reviews to other teams to avoid duplication efforts in solving the same application problems within different products within client’s organisation.
• Analyses business change drivers to determine business, information, solution and information technology requirements
• Facilitate good corporate governance especially focused on IT governance.
• Monitor trends within the industry and be guided by other architecture teams (Enterprise Architecture, Infrastructure & Planning Architecture, Security and Business Architecture) when developing project based solution architectures.
• Understanding how business and IT requirements can be met using IT technologies; defines the correct mix of out of the box commercially available software and bespoke systems development per project.
• Provide tactical consultation on critical business and IT problems, researching and identifying enabling technologies based on customer requirements and defined business processes
• Analyse the current business environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for the improved uses of information technology and related solutions and applications
• Provide input for the compilation of the project plans and architectural blueprint
Coordination and Alignment
• Align architectures to IT and telecommunications best practises and frameworks
• Provide consultancy to process and business analysts at a project level on application, data, security, infrastructure, testing and operational designs through interactions with other architects, applications and operations subject matter experts.
• Regular contact with client’s architecture, applications and operations teams in terms of strategic vision, future direction and technology plans
• Regular contact and consulting with IS advisory bodies (Gartner, Tele Management Forum, etc.), supplier relations and media scanning
• Continuously review, improve and integrate processes, in order to overcome fragmentation.
• Participate in the creation and review of governing principles to guide information, technology, and solution decision making for the enterprise
• Ensure that Information Solutions commitments, policies and procedures are adhered to
• Maintain appropriate application models
• Ensures that technical designs for systems (applications) are integrated end to end; are consistently applying client’s Enterprise Architecture standards; are technically sound and sustainable; are aligned to IT best practises; are suitable within the client’s context
• Consult with infrastructure development projects to fit infrastructure to architecture and identify when it is necessary to modify the technical architecture to accommodate infrastructure and project needs