Connect your LinkedIn account with RIZE - don't worry this process is completely invisible and nothing will appear on your profile.
2. Profile Scan
We scan your profile and use this info to register you with RIZE. You can then review some of the keywords that are relevant to your job hunt.
3. View Jobs
Based on your profile and feedback you can then explore jobs that match your requirements. Applying for a job is then just one click away!
Register without LinkedIn
You can register with us too if you do not have a LinkedIn account, you just have to fill a brief form with your details.
INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
||Outside Plant Construction Manager
||2 months ago
- Evaluating workmanship and quality
- Ensuring the project schedule is being met
- Reviewing any plan discrepancies in the field
- Coordinating activities between subcontractors and resolving any disputes arising on the job site
- Quality assurance and checks of completed work and work practices
- Understand permit requirements and ensure these are met and reported correctly
- Ensure and monitor effective site operations and coordination of works compliant to policies and Health & Safety requirements.
- Ensure all work on site is carried out to adequate standards as stated in contractual specification by conducting site audits.
- Maintain productivity objectives as set by the Project Management
- Co-ordinate, capture and present the financial sign off for the completed works by the Sub Contractor to the Project Manager.
- Update daily/weekly reports and review against the project delivery milestones. Highlighting any risks that may have arisen to the Project Manager.
- Ensure all post installation/as-built documents are completed and checked in accordance with the conditions of the project.
- Ensure all customer documentation is completed and checked in accordance with client requirements.
- Consult with the Highways Department, Local Authorities and other Utilities companies on behalf of ARRIS to coordinate works where required to fulfil the project delivery milestones.
- Ensure all site-specific method statements/risk assessments are in place.
- Public liaison duties required.
- Local Authority/Agencies
- Contractors/ Suppliers
- Project Management Team
- Fibre and construction Teams
Builds relationships with the customers onsite teams and project staff. Follows guidelines given to maintain ARRIS scope of work and the customers expectation of excellence in build and delivery practices. Works collaboratively with partners and Engineers, sharing knowledge of best practice and known efficiencies.
Key Skills & Abilities
- Utilities Supervisory Experience
- Highways Experience
- OSP Telecoms network installation
- Ability to negotiate suitable outcomes that mitigate project risk
- Demonstrable experience of method statements and risk assessments
- Ability to demonstrate experience and working knowledge of Regulations
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the Civil construction of wired networks (FTTH desirable)
- Network engineering in Telecoms environment.
- Microsoft office suite, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project
- Degree OR relevant experience
- Understanding of technology.
- Someone who thinks logically
- Has a can-do attitude
- Strong written and numerical skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to prioritise and schedule workloads in the face of conflicting demands
Construction Manager must be extremely knowledgeable about the construction industry and have at least 5 years of construction experience. Typically, Construction Managers began their careers working in the field in a trade (e.g. civils contractor, cabling installer/ splicer) and will be familiar with various wired network construction methods and the Design elements of a project.
Ref: 9311 | Published: 10 Jun 2019