- Benchmark our product portfolio against main competitors on terms of range and pricing.
- Visit customers, with the respective Sales Rep in order to gather market information.
- Manage Grandmark pricing, purchase process, selling process and market-related pricing and provide target suppliers to the Procurement Team.
- To strive for competitive pricing and achieve the required gross margin
- Measure the percentage of the product line as a percentage of the South African car park and SKU coverage per vehicle model.
- Maintenance of the respective category (i.e. master data, range updates).
- Maintain control on profitability within the respective category and ensure budget gross profit is achieved.
- Creation of stock codes in alignment with the set operating procedure as defined by the Category Management Executive.
- Effective management of SKU supersessions and inventory implications.
- Ensure integrity of Master Data – Correct cross referencing; original number referencing; engine type; build type etc.
- Create fact sheets for the relevant category as requested.
- Development of new items. Report to be generated and sent to the Category Development Executive on a monthly basis.
- Create and maintain the ‘word of parts’ for each product line.
- Manage the SKU parts life cycle to ensure optional sales, profitability and inventory core.
- Provide input on budgeting for new product lines and samples
- Ensure availability of new and existing stock items.
- Plan the distribution of new and existing items to the branches effectively, based on car park distribution and product line sales strategy.
- Responsible for stock turn of product lines.
- Communicate with Procurement team and Sales team regarding deviation patters pertaining to inventory availability, sales patterns and shortages.
- Quality control – keep record on any warranty claim of products and from which supplier product is from, identify faulty issues before it goes out of control – submitted on a monthly basis
- Supplier price review, when new shipment arrives, make sure to research market price and maintain price competitiveness
- Manage and recommend sales promotions for A, B C & D items (where we are losing a positive trend), and excess stock with the assistance of the Marketing and Sales teams.
- Compile and facilitate training sessions relating to the relevant product category.
- Coordinate training with external suppliers.
- Assist with the marketing of the product and liaising with both the supplier and the marketing department for marketing material.
Customer Service and Relations
- Address and resolve all customer queries that arise through IGNITE or via other communication channels.
- Professional and timely communication with suppliers, internal departments and relevant stakeholders.