- Prior telecoms experience
- Local to Dublin
- Managing a team of field engineers / reporting experience
- Plan, facilitate and manage projects for small equipment/card installation in POPs and associated troubleshooting.
- Work closely with FDT to book resources / smart hands to do this work using MOP documentation.
- They will own a few of the metros in Middle East and Africa and will act as B end contact for circuits landing in metros where we have no permanently assigned PM.
- Gather inputs from and represent the team at meetings involving database design to report benefits to the team in a data driven manner ie: terms of hours of work saved etc.
- Support the team for introduction of any new PM software including data management.
- Responsibility to keep projects updated in PM systems and other ad hoc project tools.
- Follow customer documentation and product methodology using customer templates and feedback improvements where necessary.
- Assess work and set Target Dates in PM tool. Ensure wherever possible that Requested Dates on Projects are met in a timely manner.
- Communicate risks and changes via risk and change logs.
- Ensure that escalations take place where a project meeting its target date is at risk.
- Work closely with other teams such as design to ensure that design requirements are understood, version controlled and met by our project delivery e.g.: ISP/OSP/cards, routers, diversity.
Job skills will include but will not be limited to:
- Strong project management and documentation skills
- Strong experience in using remote hands services and managing contractors to install components to ensure that quality standards are met.
- Strong understanding of procedures within carrier hotels including LOA/CFA.
- Strong Experience with planning and delivery of equipment installation projects
- Strong skills in development of Statements of Work (SOW)/ MOP (Methods and procedures) creation.
- Good understanding of DWDM, SONET/SDH
Ref: 8725 | Published: 13 Jul 2018