Highly technical role, providing pre-& post-sales support of Junipers Network Products. The Resident Engineer will be required to develop and maintain expertise on the products deployed or to be deployed within the Customers’ networks. Typical Activities:
- This is a full-time position and may require long work hours. Technical support to the Customer may require the Resident Engineer to:
- Troubleshoot equipment and network problems and to open and track JTAC cases through to problem resolution on pre and post production issues.
- Produce a written summary report of the status of Design projects, equipment and network problems on a regular basis to the customer and to the Account Team and leadership.
- Hold design and information gathering workshops with the Account Team & customer to understand the Customer’s existing network design and technical requirements of new network designs.
- Understand the customer’s organizational structure and become familiar with the customers’ network implementation and support processes and procedures to help in designing a network that is available and sustainable.
- Carry out testing of new Designs, features, and functionality as required by the customer in a laboratory environment and to help develop plans to implement and verify that they are operating correctly in the live network
- Test patches and fixes to operating software and to ensure that they are implemented and functioning correctly in the pre-production test network and then live network as implementation plans dictate.
- Hold technology workshops with the customer to discuss equipment and network problems, and to provide case status updates, including the reasons for any problems encountered and the workarounds and/or solutions that are being tried
- Train the customers’ design, implementation and support personnel to configure and operate the Juniper Networks products
- Support design and planning of Juniper M, MX and associated solutions within the Customer infrastructure.
- Support ongoing efforts in defining best practice policies for Juniper product applications.
- Peer with other employees performing similar Resident Engineering roles where lessons learned may help minimize risk associated with major network upgrades or changes in the network.
- The Resident Engineer will be expected to develop secondary skills in other products in the Juniper product portfolio.
- Troubleshooting the network’s design and architecture issues
- Analysing network and device configurations
- Providing network design leadership; assisting in identifying and building solutions
- Testing product features and functionality
- Providing deployment guidance to ensure that implementations are consistent with design specifications
- Providing informal workshops to transfer knowledge to engineering staff
- Applying industry best practices to the design, planning, and implementation of the network
- Applying extensive industry experience to optimize network performance and proactively analyse potential enhancements
- Evaluating technical specifications for interoperability
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to perform as an intermediary between management and technical staff
- Ability to work with the different areas of the client’s organization.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work under pressure.
Ref: 8995 | Published: 13 Dec 2018