You will have a passion for technical excellence and team collaboration with a heavy focus on automation, scalability, and reliability for all layers in the stack.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, build and scale hosting solutions for a highly dynamic environment
- Conduct system analysis and translate user requirement into business solutions.
- Install, secure, monitor, manage, and maintain infrastructure.
- Work with development, testing, and documentation teams during the product development cycle to ensure quality control. Drives continuous improvement - design, definition of roadmaps, standardization of processes and methodologies.
- Automate processes where possible, implement new technologies where needed
- Disaster recovery planning and experience with high availability systems.
- Credible and mature personality, with some presence
- Strong enough to hold your peers accountable (in a constructive way).
- Concise communicator - able to translate detail into a concise story, getting immediately to the punch line
- Self-starter, motivated - wants to get in, roll sleeves up and make a difference
- Wants to be a change agent, make improvements. Thrives on change
- Excellent debugging and performance tuning skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be self-directed, analytical, and work well in a team environment Hard Skills / Requirements:
- Container Orchestration Technologies: Experience designing and implementing container orchestration systems including container technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes/ Swarm)
- Configuration management tools (e.g. Ansible)
- Datacenter Automation / Runtime Automation
- Infrastructure Development
- Experience with scripting in Bash, Python or Perl.
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines
- Message queues (e.g. RabbitMQ etc.)
- Extensive experience troubleshooting, debugging, and performance tuning at all levels (OS, network, application, database, and network)
- Utilizing Microservices, SOA patterns and REST
- Extensive experience designing systems with deep understanding of design impacts on performance, reliability, operations, and security.
- Expert troubleshooting, debugging, and solution design and implementation skills
You’ll need to have
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM field or equivalent work experience
- Six or more years of relevant work experience in a DevOps/Infrastructure role. Even better if you have:
- Advanced degree in computer science or network engineering.
- Knowledge of networking technologies including subnetting, firewalls, and VPNs.
- Experience with high-availability distributed systems.
Ref: 8483 | Published: 09 Mar 2018